- When the kids arrive they see the birthday kid's name up on the big screen in the store.
- Guests are asked to leave gifts on a short green table in front of the "famous scientists..." wall.
- We greet the kids as they arrive, write their name on a goodie bag, hand it to them, and they get to choose from several buckets of cool goodie bag items. The birthday kid gets an additional "special" goodie bag item -- a lighted spaceship keychain.
- The kids then get their name on a cup and are shown how to make a custom soda using carbonated water and the syrups we have.
- Once all or the majority of the guests have arrived, we ring a bell and ask all the kids to pick out a pair of goggles and a lab coat and find a seat at a lab table.
- A brief presentation begins and then we dive right into our first experiment. Depending on how long that experiment takes, we do 1-2 more experiments. One of the experiments will include an item the kids can take home.
- When we are done with experiments, its cake and photos time. We have a silly white Einstein wig the birthday kid is welcome to wear for photos.
- The kids all move over to the presents area and the birthday kid opens gifts.
- Before the kids leave, we make sure they have their goodie bags and we put a purple star stamp (washable ink) on their arm.
Birthday parties are 90 minutes long and held on Saturdays and Sundays. They include 20 custom invitations, green cups, plates, napkins, forks, 6 star-shaped mylar balloons (in green, purple, and silver), green or purple goodie bags and stuff they get to choose to fill their bags with, and custom soda concoctions. You'll also have use of our giant cake knife, cake server, and 3 sets of purple serving platters, chip bowls, and dip bowls. We go with purple, silver, and green every chance we get!
Anything that gets purchased for a birthday kid in the store or from the online registry gets a free gift wrap/gift bag and placed in our birthday cabinet. Guests are able to purchase gifts during the birthday party if they have forgotten to get something ahead of time.
Here's what we do for every birthday party:
We try to make it as easy for you as possible. All you need to do is bring a cake, a birthday kid, and any additional food or drinks you would like to serve. We have a silver bucket that holds a bag of ice and 20 waters/juice boxes. We will want a final headcount a day or two before the party and it will be good to know if you have an ice cream cake so we can ensure it is kept cold for the hour before cake time. There is seating both inside and outside the store for parents that want to stick around for the party.