CHANGES AND CANCELLATIONS
Class activities and take-home materials may vary from those advertised. We reserve the right to cancel or modify classes or faculty.
We invite you to relax in our comfy lounge area while your child is in class. Children who are not attending a class must be attended by a responsible adult at all times. We cannot take responsibility for children left unattended.
To ensure the enjoyment of class by everyone, we ask that you please follow our rules of classroom etiquette:
- Please keep adult conversations to a minimum.
- In caregiver attended classes, please remain within arms-length of your child at all time.
- If your child needs you during a gradual separation class, please be as discreet as possible.
- Only one caregiver per child per class.
- If your child becomes upset during class, please step outside and return when your child feels better.
It is the responsibility of the primary member to ensure that The Scholar Ship has the most up-to-date contact and emergency information.
DROP-OFF AND PICK-UP
A responsible adult must sign your child in and out of Class/Camp each day. Regardless of the time of sign-in, parents remain responsible for their child until the beginning of Class/Camp. Children must be signed in no earlier than 30 minutes before the start of and within 45 minutes of the end of Class/Camp. Parents will be assessed a fee of $15 per child if their child is not dropped off or picked up within that timeframe.
FOOD ALLERGY AWARENESS
The Scholar Ship recognizes that many children suffer from life-threatening peanut allergies. In the interest of minimizing the risk to our little customers, we ask that you please not bring peanuts, nuts or foods containing nut ingredients onto the premises.
No makeups for missed Camp days. Because the activities in our camps are different each day, we cannot schedule camp make-ups.
For Classes, we will always do our best to reschedule your child for a makeup class, subject to space availability. Missed classes should be made up in the same week, as the lesson changes each week. Classes can also be made up in other courses, subject to availability. Please call ahead to make arrangements. Makeup classes can’t be “saved up” to use as a credit.
The Scholar Ship cannot store or administer medicines to kids, including EpiPens.
- Party registration requires a non-refundable $100 deposit. Once a deposit has been made, no changes to the date or time of the party may be made. Full payment must be made on the day of the party.
- You cannot be in the party area more than 15 minutes prior to your party.
- Please time your party so that you use only your allotted 90-minutes in the party area. If you or your guests remain in the party area more than 10 minutes past the end of your party, we will charge an additional $25 per 10 minutes of overage. Timing is very important to our parties, and it is essential that we have enough time between parties to clean up and set up. Thank you for understanding!
- Additional guests are $15 each, up to an absolute maximum of 20. Allowing more than 20 kids to participate in a party potentially puts both our staff and our guests at risk. Should you include more than 20 kids in your party, regardless of circumstances, you will be assessed an additional $20 per child.
- Guests under 5 years of age must be under adult supervision at all times while in the lab.
- Children who are not included in the guest count should not participate in the lab or party room activities.
- Party fees include up to 20 invitations.
- We will provide refreshments, paper products, goodie bags and utensils for the number of kids for whom you have paid a guest fee. We’re also happy to provide additional place settings and goodie bags for a small extra fee.
- We reserve the right to disallow any refreshments or decorations that create an unusual amount of mess.
- By registering for a party at The Scholar Ship, you are renting our facility and securing our services; however, you remain responsible for your guests at all times while in the facility.
Class tuition is fully refundable until the end of the first class day. Thereafter, prorated tuition refunds will be made, less the $50 deposit.
No refunds for classes missed or cancelled due to inclement weather. We will make every effort to schedule makeup classes so that you will not miss any classes.
We reserve the right to send home any child with a fever or who otherwise appears to be infectious.
We reserve the right to close our facility and refund your money if we believe weather conditions present a significant danger to our employees or customers. Decisions about weather-related closings will be made and communicated to you no less than 2 hours before your party. We will make every effort to schedule makeup classes/parties when they have been cancelled due to bad weather.