I have science fair camps coming up and I want to have the kids team up that are doing projects in similar areas! For example, if more than one kid wants to do an experiment with dry ice, these are good project options:
- In what material does dry ice sublimate most quickly? Air, water, oil, rubbing alcohol, corn syrup, etc.
- In what material does dry ice sublimate least quickly? Air, water, oil, rubbing alcohol, corn syrup, etc.
- How cold does the water need to be before the dry ice stops producing fog?
- When you completely immerse dry ice in different types of dish soaps, which kind produces the largest bubbles? Dawn vs. Palmolive
- Will the same size chunk of dry ice last longer if I have it in a bowl of boiling hot water or one that is being constantly heated at 104 degrees?
- If I put food coloring in the water that dry ice is in, will it change the color of the fog?
These are good project options for magnetism:
- Does the temperature of a magnet effect its force?
- Do magnets adhere stronger to different metals?
- Are temporary magnets just as strong as permanent magnets?
- Do neodymium magnets create bigger magnetic fields than ceramic magnets?
- How much weight can a magnet levitate?
These are good project options for food:
- Which dry beans absorb the most water?
- Which brand of vanilla ice cream melts slowest?
- Which candy has the most colored dyes in it?
- What type of flour has the most gluten in it?
- Does fat content effect the evaporation rate of liquid milk?
- Does freezing a coffee bean affect its odor?
- Can brown eggs or white eggs hold a greater amount of weight on top of it?
- Does adding salt to water make it boil faster?
These are good project options for physics:
- What angle inclined plane will enable a Slinky to go for the best walk?
- What are the best materials for parachutes?
- Does a ball with angled faces float above a fan just as well as a round one?
- Does an egg-shaped ball float above a fan just as well as a round one?
- Does temperature effect the length of rubber bands?
These are good project options for the human body:
- Does screen color affect memory retention?
- Does text color affect memory retention?
- What is the most popular random number between 1 and 20?
- Do mnemonics actually help memory retention?
- Does music help or distract from learning?